Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Does biting my nails have something to do with my anxiety disorder or my OCD?

no matter how hard i try, i cannot stop biting them. i bite the skin around them til they bleed and i have to put bandaids on them. i have tried every nail polish that is supposed to make me stop biting them, and nothing works. i read that it could be a symptom of anxiety or obsessive compulsive disorder, and i have both of them.Does biting my nails have something to do with my anxiety disorder or my OCD?
biting your nails could very much so be a compulsive behavior that someone with OCD could engage in.





If you've already been diagnosed with OCD and with an anxiety disorder, I suggest discussing it with your doctor if your nails are becoming a serious issue.Does biting my nails have something to do with my anxiety disorder or my OCD?
You answered your own question in the comments you provided us with? I believe you are trying to get people's attention (increasingly becoming the norm in our depressed societies) but, well, look for help if you feel you need it.


:o) Best of luck!
I don't believe excessive nail biting is a symptom of OCD. It can be boredom, stress related, diet, or a vitamin deficiency. Check with your doctor about it.
Go talk to your Dr. It sounds like your medication is not controlling your problem. Nailbiting is a common occurrence in anxiety and OCD
It can definitely be an expression of anxiety and I swear those kind of habits are the hardest to break because it's so easy to do it without even thinking...I mean, it's your hands and they are always right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment